Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Confetti Talks Shaping Up For Summer...

Shape Up
For Summer

It’s around this time of year when every girl starts thinking “OMG it’s almost bikini season!”, “When did my thighs get this big?”, or my personal nightmare, “I have to wear a bikini in HOW MANY DAYS?!? (*panic starts to set in*). Staying in bikini shape year round can be difficult, especially when there are so many happy hours to attend, working 9-5, and brunches on weekends full of croissants & mimosas. And if you’re anything like me, those things usually trump getting sweaty at the gym.

It’s also to important to remember to make yourself (& your body) a top priority.  I’ve been making a conscious effort to eat better, as well as trying to work out at least a few days a week. Recently, one of my best girlfriends invited me along to try out two new workout hotspots in Dallas that I had never been to before. Since bikini season is literally right around the corner, I couldn’t say no!


The first place we went to was Flywheel. I’m sure many of you have heard of it, but for those who have not, it’s a chic spin studio located in Highland Park &/ Plano. Spin is one of my favorite ways to get a good workout in, and getting to do it in a fancy studio doesn’t hurt. Their Highland Park studio has everything you need to compliment your fierce workout  – complimentary spin shoes waiting upon your arrival,  a high tech check-in station, Bliss Spa products in all of the bathrooms/showers, and an ice-cold filtered water machine to fill up your water bottle (& trust me, you will need plenty of water to get through this intense workout!)






Their website describes Flywheel as “the best 45 minutes of your day!”, & I have to say that I agree. The awesome music & inspirational instructor makes the class fly by (see what I did there?), and I felt rejuvenated & energized the rest of the day! One of my favorite aspects of Flywheel is that once your class is over, they immediately upload your stats to your online account. You can actually track & see exactly how you performed in class – as well as how many calories you burned! If you haven’t already checked this place out, I definitely recommend it! It’s the perfect way to shed extra pounds so you can rock that bikini!   

On Sunday (after brunch & a mimosa of course), Lindsey & I went to try out the second place, which was The Pilates Barre. This was my first time working out on a Pilates Megaformer (I know, obviously I've been living under a very lame rock)...and O.M.G! Girls, it was intense. No wonder this is the workout all the celebs are doing; it would be impossible not to get in shape by attending these type of classes. The studio itself is fabulous & totally Dallas -adorable workout clothes, an in-studio juice bar, & they even provide chilled Eucalyptus towels. Yes, you read that right. Talk about fancy (& right up my alley!). The Pilates Barre uses a Megaformer machine, which provides more intensity than the traditional Reformer. This workout is all about strengthening, toning, and muscle quivering (literally shaking). Although this workout was super intense, I instantly fell in love. Linds & I immediately got a 5 class pass after our workout, and will definitely be going back! Madonna arms here I come! 



*totally planning on buying this by the way* 


I hope you enjoyed this peek inside Confetti's latest workout obsessions. 


Enjoy!
-M

1 comment:

  1. These places sound amazing.. I love spin! I also love Dallas wish I was around those parts! ;)

    God bless,
    XO, Claire
    http://www.littlemissfashionqueen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete